Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fighting my demons...

This picture seems like my life story...*sighs* My addictive personality tends to rule my every thought!
Although I have tamed many of my demons - I still battle with them all on a daily basis...
These little guys seem to get me down at times - and I am working on that with meditation and retraining of my thoughts with "healthy" activities such as the gym, walking in the woods, riding my bike, cooking healthy meals . . . shopping *laughs*
This week they are making me crazy!!!
With only a few days before my trip to California and my Catalina cruise I am obsessing with my weight and getting really down on myself - and this MUST stop!
So I am writing about it here so I can seek all of your assitance with thought retraining!
What are your demons? How do you keep them quiet?

3 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Man, I know how this is! I love to cook, and I love to eat. Trying to do it in a healthy way (and get out from in front of the computer and work out) isn't easy. It's hard not to get down on yourself when you slack off.

Try to stay focused on the positives and not beat yourself up when you slip or slack.

Have fun on your trip!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I tell them to shut the F#*$ up. I'm serious!

As far as I'm concerned, you are beautiful! Your spirit is light and overflows with great humor and much love. ((hugs))

And thanks for listening in this morning and for joining us in the chat room - I'm not adept at that level of multi-tasking (yet), but I noticed you! THANKS for being there - the support meant a lot to me!

Peace Baby!

Mamarazzi said...

there is a skinny B!tch living inside of me...i keep her quiet with chocolate.

sending BIG hugs...embrace your curves!

the first time i went to Hawaii i was totally worried about my weight and after a day of not maximizing my fun i got over it. they say hang loose for a reason there.

just have fun, let people look, tell them to "enjoy the show". don't waste another minute of your time worrying about this. LIVE your life...you are beautiful.

and when all else fails remind yourself that you will never see these people again...and get on with the good times!